Playfinder are delighted to announce sponsorship of Tooting and Mitcham FC
27 August 2019 • By - Harry Thompson
Playfinder are delighted to officially confirm sponsorship of Isthmian Football League side Tooting and Mitcham FC. After building a strong relationship with the club whilst managing bookings for Tooting and Mitcham Community Sports Club, the opportunity to further our relations with the semi-professional side was gladly welcomed. The deal marks Playfinder’s first official sponsorship of a football club and one that is extremely exciting, whilst making a great deal of sense.
With our primary objective to encourage more people to play regular sport, increasing the utiliisation of facilities as a result, receiving further exposure from a venue within our target industry will can only serve to have a positive impact on the local community. We are partnered with a number of venues in the Tooting area which facilitate the play of a wide range of sports spanning from football to netball to badminton.
We aim to make the playing of such sports more accessible for everyone and view the partnership with Tooting and Mitcham FC the perfect opportunity to increase our scope and help so many that struggle to book sports facilities online with minimal fuss.
Tooting and Mitcham FC
- Tooting and Mitcham were formed in 1932 following the merger of Tooting FC and Mitcham Wanderers FC.
- They play their home games at the 3500 capacity Imperial Fields based in Morden.
- They are nicknamed ‘the Terrors’ or occasionally ‘the Stripes’ owing to their black and white striped home kit.
- Ashley Bosah and Cornelius Nwadialor currently joint manage the first-team.
- Tooting & Mitcham play in the Isthmian League South Central Division.
- West Ham forward Michail Antonio spent 7 years with the club before being snapped up by Championship side Reading in 2008.
For any further details or ticketing info please visit the Tooting and Mitcham website by clicking here.
Tooting and Mitcham currently have a 100% record in the league and FA Cup this season, after finishing 6th in the last campaign and just missing out on the playoffs, the club expect to mount another serious promotion challenge this season and have begun in positive fashion. Playfinder would like to wish the club all the best for the rest of the season, we will be following with great interest!
Jackie Watkins (Tooting and Mitcham – Managing Director) commented: “We have had a great partnership with Playfinder since working together on pitch bookings at our venue, and our pitches are nearly at capacity! Their sponsorship money is also great help for the club and we look forward to working with Playfinder even more this season.”