Where to play sport coming out of lockdown near me
14 May 2020 • By - Emilie Adib
Following government advice regarding lockdown restrictions issued on 10th May 2020, some sports facilities may open from 13th May 2020 to allow members of the public to take daily exercise, subject to social distancing measures. If you choose to play sport during lockdown, please adhere to these guidelines.
These measures regarding physical activity from 10th July are as follows:
- You may exercise outdoors as often as you wish – while maintaining social distancing measures
- You may use outdoor sports courts or facilities such as tennis courts, basketball courts, or golf courses – either with members of your household, or with up to six people outside your household while maintaining a 2 metre distance
- Outdoor swimming pools can reopen from 11th July
- Indoor sports courts, gyms and leisure centres can reopen from 25th July
- Team sports can restart subject to each sport’s national governing body publishing a government-approved action plan and safety guidance
For full details on the latest government guidelines, please visit the government’s coronavirus page.
This page will be updated with any changes as and when more sports facilities are able to open on a restricted play basis.
Where can I play sport and which sports can I play?
Maintaining government guidelines means that not all sports facilities can open. However, the following sports can be played subject to social distancing measures:
Play football near me
Football pitches have started to open for 3-a-side and football training for up to 6 people in London and the rest of England. Check out our 3-a-side football blog to find out which pitches are open near you now.
Play tennis near me
Tennis courts and padel courts throughout England are beginning to open again. To see which facilities are beginning to open in your area, check out our ‘Where you can play tennis during lockdown‘ guide for an up to date list.
Play cricket near me
Cricket pitches have now started to open up for the summer season. Check out our summer cricket blog to see you you can play over the next couple of months.
Play golf near me
Golf courses have also started to open up across England. See where you can play 9 or 18-hole golf in London near you on Playfinder’s open golf courses list.
Please make sure that if you choose to play sport, you follow government advice on social distancing.